Wednesday 18 July 2012

Unusual Ingredients

Ok, so my friend Kim gave me this recipe. It sounded... interesting. Different. Odd! But hey, I thought I would give it a go, and frankly, it's bloody awesome! So YUM! The recipe is for Boston Buns... the unusual ingredient? Mashed Potato.



Boston Bun

1c cold mashed potato (sieved, or well broken down)
¾c sugar
2c flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1c fruit (I just used sultanas)
1c milk (rice milk, whatever)

Beat potato & sugar until creamy. Add rest of ingredients. Bake 30 mins mod oven, in 2 sponge tins (well greased). (I cooked them in a texas muffin tin, for about 15-20mins... next time I'm going to do them in a normal muffin tin).

Ice while just warm & sprinkle with coconut.

(I just made up a quick vanilla icing with just icing sugar, a dash of vanilla and a splash of milk)


And yep, I have been missing in action a wee bit lately. Busy busy, barely have time to think! Hoping things settle down super quick (if it does it means we have had some good news!) but I may not be blogging so much for a couple of months, we shall have to see!

2 comments: