Friday 4 May 2012

Such an easy dinner

I just have to share with you this recipe I found several months ago - it's not one we have often, but it is one of our kids fave's. I didn't think we would ever have Cabonara together as a family as generally it's full of cream, and that doesn't go down well with the lactose intolerant half of my family! But one day the Egg Guy came on tv making his easy carbonara recipe. And seriously, it's so quick, so easy and really yummy!




Easy Carbonara from The Egg Guy


Spaghetti or other pasta - enough for the number of people you are serving (I use spirals and macaroni... about 3 cups for my family of 5)
3 eggs (5 for my family)
2 egg yolks
½ cup freshly grated parmesan (or not)
½ tsp salt
3-4 rashers of rindless bacon (or double that! You could use chicken too)
Freshly ground black pepper
I also add an onion, diced

Cook pasta in plenty of hot salted water. While pasta cooks, combine eggs in a bowl and cook bacon in a deep pan.

When pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pan with the cooked bacon in it. Remove from the heat.
Pour the egg mixture over the pasta and gently stir to combine. Finish with a generous grind of black pepper. Leave to stand for 1 min.
Serve with grated parmesan and a sprinkle of parsley on top.

Optional - add in herbs, garlic, peas, onion to create your favorite carbonara flavours.

Dish it up alone, or with a side of vegies as I do, and nom nom eat up!


I also made another of the Cheap Chocolate Cake again last night. Last time I made it it came out really dense. I'm not sure what I did wrong, it was still yummy as, but this time it turned out how I expect it should have, and oh it's so good! Just made a basic chocolate icing for on top this time instead of the recipe that came with it, because it's easier. Yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment