Thursday 17 May 2012

Bits n bobs

So I have been neglecting my 101 challenges list lately. It's something to think about again.

Completed 20/101, plus another 3 more ongoing.

I have noticed the gardening and craft ones are the ones really being neglected. I haven't done anything crafty since March - so much for at least one craft project a month lol. However, I have been going hard at the gym, so I have DEFINITELY been keeping up with that part of my list - at least 2x a week, well, I go a minimum of 3x a week, normally 4x. Going tonight, had yesterday off so I'm itching to get back there again. I am also still reading a lot. On average a book every 2 weeks-ish. But once I finish one book I find it really hard to get into the next. I'm between books at the moment, I keep picking up my next book but haven't gotten past the first page yet!

It's the crafty stuff I am missing. I really need to try to find time to do more of that. Harder now I'm working, my 2 days off are spent half at the gym and half doing housework. But I am sure I can fit it in, I just need to figure out what I want to DO. Time to browse Pinterest again!

Nevermind. Had SO much fun working yesterday. Did heaps with the kids. The highlight? Probably getting out pots and pans, wooden spoons and whatnot and the kids making a huge racket with that. Then we filled them up and got out some measuring cups and whatnot. Little Miss 2 (who I look after) especially loved the water part, whereas my Mr 2 particularly loved seeing how LOUD he could make the pot be! Note: a large upside down stock pot being hit with a heavy spoon makes a HUUUUGE noise haha.






What's in my oven right now you ask? Well, I just so happen to have just baked some Spaghetti Pinwheel Scones. My head must not be with it though, as I was making the dough I could tell something was different to normal. But what? I finally figured it out - I made it with only white flour, no wholemeal. I haven't done that in a LONG time. Slightly less healthy, but still fills the kids up aye!
Dinner tonight is Saucy Meatloaf. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment