Thursday 2 February 2012

Apple Sauce Brownies, low fat, low calorie!

A while ago I made some apple sauce brownies for my brother to say thanks for fixing my computer.... again. I just got a message from my sister in law asking for the recipe as apparently it was really good - and again, it's good for the diet! I put in my www.myfitnesspal.com recipe book, and it worked out to be 117calories per piece (if you cut it into 16 even squares). I however never got around to making a batch for my family like I planned, so I haven't personally tried them. But I thought I would quickly whack the recipe on here for easy finding, and to share with any of my followers that are on a weight loss journey or just simply looking for a lower calorie sweet treat option.


Apple Sauce Brownies

Ingredients

• 1 cup unsweetened apple puree/sauce
• 1/3 cup cocoa
• 3/4 cup self-raising flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or choc buttons

Preheat the oven to 175°C and lightly spray or oil a 20x20cm baking dish.

Place apple puree/sauce in a medium-sized bowl. Sift in the cocoa, flour and baking soda. Add the sugar and salt and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix as this will toughen the brownies. Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and bake for around 25-30 minutes or until the centre feels set and fudgy when a skewer is inserted.
Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before turning out. Cool completely before slicing into squares. If desired, dust with sifted icing sugar before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment