Saturday 7 January 2012

Breakfast, the most important meal of the day - A product review

Recently I was asked to review some cereals. I agreed then promptly forgot about it. Then one day the courier arrived with this massive mystery package. It wasn't until I opened it that I realised what it was - I was not expecting 3 full sized boxes of cereal plus 2 boxes of trail bars! So over the past few weeks we have been slowly getting through the different cereals. These are my thoughts:



Be Natural Pink Lady Apple and Flame Raisin -

This one was my absolute favourite. I am partial to fruity cereals so it was right up my alley. Nutritionally it isn't too bad either, logging it into myfitnesspal wasn't a concern - this goes for all the cereals I'm writing about today. Just so full of flavour, loved it! It is definitely one I would buy again, so good! I was sad when the box ran out.


Be Natural Cashew, Almond, Hazelnut and Coconut

This one was my husband's favourite. He likes nutty (must be why he likes me haha), I prefer fruity (hmm, I'm not saying I like my husband because he is fruity! hehe). I quite liked this one too, the flavours all worked well together, just lacked the fruitiness I love.



Be Natural 5 Whole Grain Flakes

Ok, I have to say it. This one bored me. Nutritionally it was the healthiest - but that's because it doesn't contain all the yumminess the other 2 have. For a very plain cereal it was good, but it lacked something. It wasn't exciting. I love eating breakfast but I didn't look forward to eating this each morning. I added sliced up strawberries to it, couldn't eat it plain.









Now, the trail bars. I LOVED these. There were 2 flavours, Berry and Nut and Fruit. I especially loved the Berry one, Hubby especially loved the nut and fruit one. Do we see a trend here? I did like both, just preferred the Berry one. Oh, and the best thing is, the berry one is only 110calories per bar, and is quite a nice filling snack. They are on the shopping list!

No comments:

Post a Comment